Followers


The Website

Friday, June 13, 2008

To make-up or not to make-up



If if you've been reading my blog, you will recall my neighbor who didn't believe I actually used to wear make-up and do my hair. Normally, things like that don't get to me but I have been thinking that I probably should take better care of myself. And due to the 20% off coupon she had given me to use yesterday (she was for sure trying to give me a big hint), I went to the opening of the Ulta store and went a bit crazy. There were some unbelievable deals! 5 dollars for Sebastian Hairspray- the best hairspray in the world. So I just got finished getting all done up- for no other reason than just to feel beautiful again. Side note: every five years or so I buy a new thing of hot rollers somehow convinced that I will love the way they will make my hair look or I am fooled by the picture on the box believing that my hair will look like that when actually I always end up looking like polyanna (sp?). Then a few years later in the midst of spring cleaning I throw them out or give them away cursing myself for buying them in the first place.) But, hey there is a box of hot rollers in that picture. True to my idiocy, I bought another box and once again, I look like Polyanna. So anyone for a box of rollers? Oh- wanted to get your take on this Bare minerals stuff. I bought the starter kit- and I'm not sure if I like it yet. Got to look at my face in a few hours. Do any of you use it? Here's something funny- the girl that matched the powder for me was like, "Oh you have great skin!" Gag, that's a little trick in the make-up biz they use - its called flattery- because they think you will buy more if you feel good about yourself. I especially knew she was fibbing when I looked in the mirror at the foundation match and I had 3 whiteheads on my chin. Anyway, back to this morning, since I have never run a marathon I can't use that analogy, so instead, after the shower, the blowdry (which by the way my new 8 dollar blow dryer is awesome, especially because it isn't sparking fire out the back like my old one) the hot rollers and the make-up, I fele like I have cooked a three course meal, only my family can't eat me and there won't be any left overs tomorrow as it will all get washed off tonight and put in a pony tail in the next hour or so. The jury is still out on this whole get pretty thing everyday. Moderation you say?? THose of you who know me know that I don't do anything in moderation.

p.s. I put the first picture up because that's how I was feeling after the whole ordeal and the second because I am too vain to just put the first goofy picture up....

4 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

carrie,
you look beautiful in both!
you should totally look into moderation; it is awesome!
i think there is something to be said for feeling cute, so that's why i often do my hair and make-up.

kellibelli said...

Uh, carrie, you crack me up! I just got caught up on your blog and I am laughing and wishing you did not live in Utah. First of all, you look beautiful in the pics...do not throw the rollers away...polyanna whatever.... You crack me up
secondly, your friend with the twins -triplets and more...oh my gosh...I will send a prayer her way.... wow!
3rdly, yes your kids are adorable! I love the david dialoque about praying... good comebacks!

my friend has the blog alert thing I will ask her for you.

And I hate that I have to type in word verification...why does it freak me out..I sometimes will sit there for 3 trys!

kellibelli said...

well got it in 2 times that time YEAH!

The Clack Family said...

Hi Carrie,
You had posted on my blog about liking my photos and wanting to get into photography... I totally know what you mean about being a mom of three and the insanity of trying to find time to start a business. From the pictures on your blog I am guessing that your middle little girl is exactly like mine.. playing in the toilet, eating butt wipes, ALWAYS getting into something and laughing about it the whole way. :) I am wondering if it is a middle child thing.. hahaha
I just recently started my own photography company this past year in Michigan. My blog site for that is http://staceyclackphotography.blogspot.com It has been a wild and crazy adventure and I am loving every minute of it. I was a youth pastor at a church up here for 9 years and I loved that too, however with 3 kids and wanting to stay home I decided to pursue my other passion, photography.

Anyway, I am rambling on and on. If you ever want to talk about photography or talkb about having 3crazy kids feel free to email me at staceyclack@sbcglobal.net :) Thanks for the compliment on my blog.
Stacey Clack

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography