Followers


The Website

Thursday, June 19, 2008

CANNING!


Boy I had one heck of a day. Like many of you I'm sure, I have been trying my darndest to get my year supply ready. For those of you who read my blog who are not LDS, the leaders of our church have asked us for many years to get prepared for emergencies and disasters by creating a years supply of food and water, our 72 hour kits, and being debt free (except for your house). Believe me it's easier written than done. My incredible mother came from 1 hour and 15 minutes away to help me and do a little but of her own. I ended up canning 140 # 10 cans of potatos, oatmeal, flour, and powdered milk. It feels so good to be so close to my goal! How are you doing on your year supply?

p.s. thanks for all the back feedback, I, Dr. Carrie, (as my husband like to tease because he thinks that I think that I can self diagnose---I will say I have been right more than my doctors) think I have arthritis in my back that has been temporarily caused by a hefty spinal block put in during my last c-section. I'm hoping it's temporary as I will not be able to continue being a mother of small children if it does. I'll keep you updated.

6 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

Well now I know you are a pro, you want to come help me out? You'd think I would be more prepared being in 'tornado alley' and having many close calls this spring time. HA! I just get scared that I am not prepared and move on with my day! Ok, maybe that will be my new goal!

melonamc said...

You are awesome! What is your secret to staying so motivated? One day I want to be a shining star like you!

Jen said...

Carrie- That picture truly depressed me. You may have me on your doorstep when disaster strikes!

Jen said...

ps- you look amazing!

dlchantres said...

Hi Carrie

I met you 10 years ago. You were then sister Warner.

I'm so grateful for you teachings as a missionary

Regards

David

Three and Counting said...

David- I remember you so well! It is do good to hear from you- do you have an email?

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography