Followers


The Website

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Internet....



THis is one of my favorite shots I have ever taken. Does anyone know how to make blogger upload photos faster. It seriously takes a full 3-4 minutes for me and I can only upload one at a time.

I seriously love Weddings. I love the stress, the energy, the love, the exasperation (sp?) everything. It is so exciting. Wouldn't it be great if I could be premier wedding photographer? I would love that, and sing in the tablernacle choir too? A girl can dream. WHat are your dreams... I am working on having it be my dream that I help my daughter learn to read by age 4 and teaching my son to actually tie his own shoes. Need to work on those unselfish dreams....hhhhmmmm.......what are your dreams?

Oh by the way....I didn't mean to offend anyone by my last post about being published in a book and not on the net. I was just commenting upon how our world has changed and trying to give my lovely niece a compliment. I have oodles of respect for those who can create a following and make money from their writing, even if there are a lot, it doesn't diminish someones talent or effort, just like photographers. Yes there are a lot photographers, just like there are a lot of writers. Some are really talented, some work really hard to become good, some will never be great, and some are doing it to have something to fill a creative void created by the completely monotonous task of folding endless mounds of laundry. I have respect for anyone and everyone who wants to become good at something wherever that interest may lie. One interest or talent does not make us more worthy than another.

It is interesting, since the internet has become so much a part of our lives, I feel like we as mothers and women are racing to out do each other. No longer are we ignorant of what goes on in each others homes..(or what we say goes on in our homes) in fact I was just reading on facebook the other day, a girl I know wrote about a scripture study funny moment with her husband. ANd I actually thought....oh man! I haven't read my scriptures with my husband for months.....

Sometimes I really hate the internet, sometimes it is inspiring, sometimes it motivates me to be better...sometimes it just makes me eat chocolate and watch endless hours of Jane Austen out of self pity. How do you temper the effects of the internet. Can you stick to limiting your time or the blogs you allow yourself to look at? Seriously how does it affect you? Inquiring minds want to know.....

7 comments:

Jen said...

how does it affect me- hmmmm... I waste any productive free time- and not free time. I wonder what if it would be like if I were as talented as person a, b or c, I wonder where everyone is getting these extra hours in the day etc. On the other hand, I can communicate with school teacher, get directions and info so quickly and best of all- watch hulu even though I dont have tv!

Jen said...

ps- love the textures in this pic.

mandmstrong said...

Once again, AMAZING!!!

If you are interested in a book recommendation that I have used along with a million other parents to teach your kids to read let me know. That is a great goal all the best.

Lindy Johnson said...

carrie,
i feel exactly the same way you do about blogs! i was spending WAY too much time blog surfing, then I came across a quote from Marta Locklear (do you know her work? she's an amazing professional photographer and has three little kids). Anyway, she said "People always ask me how I get so much done and I tell them because I use my time working and not reading about working and reading others' work." That statement really hit home with me! So I took an inventory of all the blogs I read and analyzed how I felt after reading them. Now I only read blogs that make me feel inspired and energized. A lot of blogs I was reading (especially some very popular ones that EVERYONE reads) make me feel just kind of crappy so I stopped reading them altogether. I also only read blogs that I've subscribed to in my google reader; that also keeps my time reading blogs in check.

As for reading . . I've got a whole blog entry on that just waiting to get written. I used Bob's Books and this awesome website www.starfall.com to teach Anders to read. But, he's already 4, almost 5.

kellibelli said...

This picture is so pretty! i love how it has a lot of definition in it. Also, I am so glad you got to go and work with Maria...she is really talented too. love you!

Rachel said...

Carrie,

Come visit me! I am so close to your parents. Call me next time you're coming to Provo. 801-619-0111.

Shelley said...

Carrie-- Your pictures are gorgeous! Good for you for finding something that you love to do. I think that it's a bit strange, but I don't really even know what I love to do. I find my life so busy with mundane stuff-- laundry, cooking, cleaning --that sometimes I think my mind is turning into mush. I actually hired someone this week to clean my house-- just so I could have a break this week. I seriously didn't know what to do. I sat on the couch and read with my son; it was lovely, but I felt a bit lost. I think I need a hobby! And something other than cruising other people's blogs!

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography