Followers


The Website

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh goodness...I'm already behind....









I had such a fun day....how long has it been since I have said that people...too long and I am ashamed. I need to have more days with my kids where I get in bed and think, that was such a fun day, wiping bums, taking baths, folding laundry, cleaning up poop on the shower curtain next to the toilet...ok I'll stop now...so you see my plight here? No seriously, now that Naomi is getting older, it is out on excursions for me and the kids I vow!!!!!

Ok back to why my day was so fun. First I got to see my mom and my Dad and my amazing niece Greta (who has just become a published writer, no not on the net, an actual book, a book made from paper that come from trees...you know...remember those? ) All of whom took care of my kids while I was on my little adventure (and believe me, it took all three of them to manage my 4 kids) You are wondering, well how do you do it, I don't...things are never managed, never under control, it's like a four pronged tornado is constantly touching down at my house (credit for the term 4 pronged tornado goes to my Dad...I'm just the tiniest offended...the truth hurts.....)

Now seriously back to why I had such a fun day....I spent a few hours today shadowing a photographer down in Utah County of Maria Wood Photography. ( It was great observing her work with her clients. She has a real gift for posing, taking control of a shoot and helping clients feel comfortable. That's not something that is easy to learn, and it comes naturally to her.

As I am getting more into the wedding industry I need to get hands on experience being on shoot so if you know of any wedding photographers needing an assistant, moving hair, pulling out trains etc...let me know. I only took about 100 pics total, I spent most of the time observing, learning, thinking etc but I did get a couple of good ones. These are a couple of my favorite. Why so I love black and white so much? Why? Tomorrow I have another bridal shoot...lucky me! This time by myself....oh I love all things weddings...If you know someone getting married and in need of a photographer and a deal...I'll give them a great one!

3 comments:

pieface said...

GORGEOUS WORK CARRIE!! I think weddings would be so overwhelming to shoot! You did a great job.

Also - don't feel bad about the "4 pronged tornado" because my 2 pronged tornado acts like a 6 pronged tornado and recently we have had comments from strangers, family members, even a guy in church decided to comment in front of everyone in sunday school the techniques that we should use to keep our kids quieter during church. Yikes.

Wish we lived closer so I could see my mini-me! I can't get enough of her hair and sweet little face! Too cute.

In the Hartland said...

Wow, Car. Those pics are amazing, but what I find even more amazing is that YOU are attempting to have a career while raising a 4-pronged tornado! I think I would just put that whole thing on hold for a few years until the various prongs got into school full-time! You're wonder women. You truly are the daughter of Susan. :-)
Love you!

mandmstrong said...

Holy batman girl those are GORGEOUS!!! Can I schedule a session with you in that exact location this summer? My family will be in Utah the last two weeks of July. How is your summer shaping up?

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography