Followers


The Website

Friday, October 16, 2009

Unbelievable....

I wish this conversation had not occurred, but it did, every word, except anthing that is in italics.

I'm sitting patiently in the Doctor's office, fiddling around with my new camera, while feeling like I'm going to throw up any second (I had just drunk that diabetes test syrup, gag) and in walks the doctor

D:Hello, how are you?

Me: I'm fine but you are not allowed to come in here if you say anything about my weight gain.

D: (Nervous chuckle). Oh I see here you've only gained six pounds this month.

Me: No, I said you are not allowed to talk about it.

D: Well I only brought it up because compared to your last pregnancy..

Me: I do not know what the heck happened the last time, I am under a lot of stress this time. Seriously, what does your chart say I have gained this time?

D: Umm let's have a look

(I cannot believe we are still talking about this!)

D: 28 pounds

Me: Little do you know I gained 10 pounds before I even came in to my first appt!

Me: Well if it makes you feel better I gained 45 with my first.

D: oh really...well at the rate you are going your well on your way to that...

I then picked up the birth control pamphlets sitting next to me and threw them at him.

Me: Look Dr. I am not one of those people who is like, I just don't know how I have put weight? I know exactly why, I put too much food in my mouth, and frankly, until the really bad itching sets in, I can't promise I'm going to stop. Ok, so should we listen to the baby or...

Dr: Well I don't want you to go on a crash diet or anything but I do want you to try to identify the times when you are unnecessarily snacking and try to stop that..that will probably help.

Me:Really? oh you are so wise Dr. I never would have thought of that!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Live it up woman. As far as I'm concerned, pregnancy is a carte blanche.

pieface said...

What in the world is the guy thinking? Like when someone says "Let's not talk about it" it usually means "let's not talk about it." Next time you need a cease and desist letter, just let me know - I know a lawyer that can help.

mandmstrong said...

Ummmm, do you not have any other Dr. you could go to?

I stuff my face when I'm prego, gain all kinds of weight, deliver a 6lb baby and go home from the hospital weighing more than I did before I gave birth? Strange? Oh I know why and so does everyone around me. I eat as much as I want when I want for Nine months.

My FEMALE Dr. never said a word,
not one word.

I know you will be in rockin shape not long after you are so amazing!

Britney said...

You have so many cute photos on your blog! I love the recent photos of your kids! I just have to say that I gained 45-50 pounds for all 5 of my pregnancies for the same reason--this is the one time I'm going to get big no matter what so I might as well enjoy it and pig out! I agree with Mars--a new Dr. perhaps? Mine never bugs me about my weight either. When Stacie gained a lot one month he said "just don't super size your fries". So ignore your doc. YOU'RE FINE! You have the rest of your life to lose weight--plenty of time.

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography