Followers


The Website

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Potty...


2 pair of panties

The famous head cock

My darling little Sister


Doing the potty dance

Is it fair to say that potty training is in the top five hardest things about Motherhood?

Before Coco, I would have said that. In fact, I was so worried about potty training her, after my experience with David and taking into account her personality, that I never suggested, hinted or even seriously thought about starting.
Then of course one day about a month ago, she decided to use the toilet herself. And amazingly there are no potty treats involved, just a rousing potty dance and song- which she loves to do. Although I rarely let her go around without a pull-up on- just in case- when she does get to wear panties she insist on putting them on herself and of course, 2 pair are better than one.

Sometimes I can't deal with how much I love this little girl. Although the other day, after finishing storytime, I said, as I often do, "Coco, when you grow up, do you promise that we can be best friends?" TO my chagrin this time she said, "No, Mama, Coco be best friends with Aunt Jenny. Now Coco call Aunt Jenny on the phone."

And with that she waddled off to retrieve the cordless. For those of you don't know her, my sister Jenny is a prettier, sweeter, smaller, and gentler version of me. Can't really blame the little tease.

Coco is a little girl after Jenny's own heart. They both shamelessly flirted with the male gender by 18 months of age, cock their heads to one side in all photographs, and sweetly laugh their way out of any trouble they may find themselves in.

Maybe Coco was meant to be her daughter. I'm sure glad she's not. I don't know if I would survive without her.

8 comments:

mandmstrong said...

Oh, that head cock is just so adorable! How LUCKY for you sounds like Coco is going to potty train herself : )

Jen said...

Whatever carrie! She is so your daughter and so lucky to have such a awesome mama- I hope someday I get my own little coco!

Shauna said...

Hey I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Hey, I heard ya'll are under sone serious weather over there.....call if you need anything!

kellibelli said...

I love that you ask her if you can be best friends when she grows up...that is adorable. I am sad not to know her personally. Miss you tons!

Shauna said...

P.S. I hope you have an awesome weekend! Check out my blog to get your awards with l♥ts of l♥ve from me :) ♥ Hugs! :) Shauna
http://trying2staycalm.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

hey- we need a new post!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Carrie...hey here's the link to that workshop. It would be fun to do it together. Where's the one you were talking about? It's bit pricy but Ithink it will be worth it.

Come over some day we'll do some PS7 stuff! ttyl

http://nicholevan.typepad.com/nicholev_photography_life/2008/11/woohoo-first-professional-workshop-sold-out.html

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography