Followers


The Website

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lauren...my African Princess


For those of you who think that only black people live in Africa...here's proof thais not the case. This is my bosom friend (reference to Anne of Green Gables)Lauren. We met when we were visiting teaching partners in the One and Only 8th Ward. Actually no, I take that back. We met (is you can call getting bossed around as meeting) when I was teaching at the MTC and she was the Bossy Wossy at the Telecenter. Now some of you may not believe this, but I was afraid of her. Yes all 5' 10 One hundred and - no silly I'm not going to reveal my MTC weight right here. Except to say that it was a lot closer to 200 than 100. Oh those were the days- when I put on a l pound a day.
But I digress, this is about Lauren, not an expose on my body weight through the years.

Anyway, after a couple of short years, Lauren had to go back to South Africa, for her student Visa had run out. Last year she came to visit me and my little family and as you can see she and Coco took a special liking to one another. I mean how could you not like Coco and furthermore you can't help but loving Lauren either. So when 2 people like that meet, even though they are years apart in age...they take to each other.

Lauren trains and teaches Doctors and Nurses in South Africa how to Run Free Medical and Educational clinics for people with HIV Aids, malaria and all manner of death causing illnesses and also how to prevent contracting these illnesses. Pretty cool huh. She is pretty much taking part in changing the world. Oh, yes. SHe also is Stake Young Women's president and spends pretty much all her free time travelin around one of the largest areas in all the church keeping everyone in the Johannesburg Stake in line. So in future, I'll just call her Wonder Woman.

Also Lauren is single, (the pickins are pretty slim in South Africa) so if you know anyone who is into very very long distance relationships... let me know.

We Miss you, We love you Lauren!

1 comment:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Carrie....so glad to be able to come to your blog! I Love your family pictures....they are beautiful!!!!!!

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography