Followers


The Website

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Costume


Ok folks, here it is. Even I have to admit it was pretty awesome. My husband starts thinking about his Halloween costume sometime in mid-September and this year was no different. I think once in our marriage I put on a cowboy hat and cowboy boots to go to a mandatory costume party... I think he wishes I got into it as much as he does. But I think he should just be grateful that I do so much to help him.

This year, my talent for thrift shopping, came in handy when I had to find a pair of dark overalls that would fit a 6'6 man. I found the elusive article of clothing in the 11 hour...at yes my favorite store, Savers. I think they should pay me to advertise. Then again they would probably say that I need to have more than 12 readers for it to be worth their while.

I also woke up at the crack of dawn - before James goes to work and skillfully shaved the MR. T. hairstyle into that white head of his. Then filled it in with $1 black make-up. Yes, I did inquire as to why, if we were going this far, we were not going to also paint his face brown.. I was informed he was the white MR. T.

In a different vein, I went to a shower/get together for my dear friend. Remember the one who is going to have 7 children in 6 years? One set of triplets and now a set of twins? It was so fun to see old friends. I am amazed at what great women they have become. In high school aren't we just a big blob of teeny boppers trying to fit in, to be liked, not really knowing who we are. All these women have come into their own, with incredible talents and gifts, lovely personalities and strong minds.

Here's a shout out to LJ (righteouslou.blogspot.com) who was absolutely appalled at the number of us who voted McCain. Congratulations my dear...and more importantly, thank you in advance for taking care of my kids next week so I can attend the devotional. That, in my opinion is the surest sign of a true friend, a woman who is willing to babysit all three of yours while having 2 of her own.

That reminds me, my father, C Terry Warner, is giving what will probably be his final devotional address at Brigham YOung University this coming Tuesday Nov 11 at 11 am. So if you have BYU TV or KBYU, tune in. Then there will be a reception honoring his retirement at the bottom of the Education in Zion exhibit at the new Joseph Smith Building on BYU campus. Anyone who would like to come and see this most amazing exhibit that he has spent the last 8 years putting together is welcome.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm speechless, truly speechless.

And I'm obsessed with that exhibit, it's amazing.

Lindy Johnson said...

that is AWESOME!
it was great to see you last night!

kellibelli said...

WOW! i cannot wait to show Luke!

WARNERS said...

The costume is awesome! I fully recognize the vital role we play on such occasions. What email should I send your invite to our blog?

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography