Followers


The Website

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday I had what could have been possibly my worst day as a mother to date.

Today.....is quickly shaping up to be the best.


All due to this genius idea I had...





The genius part isn't just the chart people. The genius part is the when I took them to Walmart and let them walk the toy aisles til they picked out the toy they were going to get when the entire chart is filled up...That's bribery you say...I like to call it incentive.

Coats and shoes were immediately put into closets, dinner was eaten with a smile, there wasn't one bed escape... today I lived the life of a mother I have only dreamed of.

Life lessons ladies, that is what I am teaching them, one smiley face sticker at a time.


I'm absolutely sure no other mother/person has ever thought of something so brilliant. In fact I should probably write a book...

4 comments:

A and R said...

Yep, we've done many a sticker chart, and we still are, all for different reasons...always works like a charm.
You're the best!

Kym said...

You'll have to let us all know how long the chart works for ") That is the part I want to know.
Love the pictures of the birthday cake. How in the crap do they get 1 so fast? I love watching them make a mess of their cake. He looks like he had so much fun!

Ellie McFreaken said...

WHen you write that book, let me know!!!!
I love those days when you feel like you're on top of the world with motherhood, makes the rest of the hard days seem not so bad :)

kellibelli said...

Love it! Can we talk soon? Miss you!

Interested in a Session?

Please visit my website for Current Pricing!

Carrie Elton Photography